Maternity & Pregnancy - the Ifs and Buts in Employment Law
Pregnancy and maternity protections have formed the fundamental basis of the protection of women's place in the labour market throughout the fight for women's employment rights. Maltese employment legislation allows female workers a significant degree of protection from abusive, discriminatory and retaliatory behaviour in such situations, whilst providing them with certainty in terms of their job security.
That said, these same protective measures are often the root cause of many an industrial dispute. Drafted in such a way as to deviate from the default rules laid down by employment legislation, pregnancy and maternity protections regularly result in insurmountable issues of interpretation or application. Moreover, the law may not always be relied upon to provide clear-cut answers to your headaches, and so judicial interpretation, custom, and even professional experience must more often than not be looked into and relied upon.
During this webinar, Dr Roselyn Borg and Dr Patrick Farrugia will be guiding you through the basic pregnancy and maternity protections found in local employment law, whilst also discussing useful tips and tricks on how to tackle conundrums which human resources professionals commonly face in this ambit. Participants will also have the opportunity to share their experiences and ask questions on the topics at hand, so apply now and book your space to participate!
Webinar will be delivered via Zoom.
This is a past event. Click here to browse our next events!
26 April 2023
Terms and Conditions
1. Payment: The attendee must pay the registration fee in full and cannot cancel once the link for the webinar is sent. The registration fee is only refundable if the webinar is cancelled by Ten Yards Legal. Payment is to be made as soon as possible and by no later than 7 days from the webinar.
2. Attendance: The attendee must attend the entire webinar to acquire the relevant knowledge on the topic being discussed. The attendee must show his/her full name on the screen for attendance recording purposes. Should this not be possible for some reason, the attendee must inform Ten Yards Legal of their identity via the chat function on the webinar platform in use. Ten Yards Legal reserves the right to remove from the webinar any individuals whose username does not conform with these requirements.
3. Access: The attendee will receive access to the webinar via a unique link provided by Ten Yards Legal. The attendee should not share this link with anyone else nor should they share their screen with anyone else.
4. Recording: The webinar will not be recorded. Any third party recording of the webinar or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.
5. Cancellation: Ten Yards Legal may cancel the webinar at any time for any reason before the start of the webinar.
6. Intellectual Property: The content presented in the webinar, including but not limited to materials, slides, and videos, is the intellectual property of Ten Yards Legal or the presenter. The attendee may not reproduce or distribute any of the content without the Ten Yards Legal’s or the presenter’s permission.
7. Content: The information presented in the webinar is for educational or informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal, or other professional advice. Attendees should consult with a qualified professional for specific advice relating to their situation.
8. No Guarantees: Ten Yards Legal is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the content, or for any actions taken by attendees based on the information presented.
9. Liability: Ten Yards Legal is not responsible for any technical difficulties or interruptions in the webinar caused by the attendee’s internet connection or device. Ten Yards Legal is not liable for any damages, including but not limited to loss of profits or business interruption, arising from the attendee’s participation in the webinar.
10. Limitation of Liability: Ten Yards Legal is not liable for any damages, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, arising from the use of, or inability to use, the information presented in the webinar.
11. Third-party content: The webinar may include links or references to third-party websites or content. Ten Yards Legal is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any third-party content, or for any actions taken by attendees based on that content.
12. No Lawyer-Client Relationship: Ten Yards Legal is not providing legal advice or establishing a lawyer-client relationship through the webinar or any linked service.
13. Modification: Ten Yards Legal may modify these disclaimers at any time without prior notice.
14. Governing Law: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the jurisdiction of Malta.
15. Agreement: By submitting the form thus registering for the webinar, the attendee agrees to these terms and conditions.